Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Cape Breton University
Adjunct Professor of Mathematics, School of Graduate Studies, Dalhousie University
Affiliate Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Concordia University
Teaching (Fall 2014):
I am interested in the area of degenerate elliptic PDEs. This includes existence theory and regularity theory for weak solutions.
I am currently working on properties of degenerate Sobolev spaces. This includes compact embedding theorems, product and chain rules and trace theorems.
- with D. D. Monticelli, arXiv:1401.4149 [math.AP] (2014) - Journal reference to come soon.
- with S-K Chua and R. L. Wheeden, Pacific Journal of Mathematics, 265, no. 1 (2013), pp. 17-59. Artilce in full available here with an older free version here.
- S. Rodney, Canadian Journal of Mathematics, 64, no. 6 (2012), pp. 1395-1414.
- with Dario Monticelli and Richard Wheeden 2011, arXiv 2011, Differential and Integral Equations 25, no.1-2 (2011), pp.143-200..
- S. Rodney, Rutgers University, Transactions of the American Mathematical Society 362 (2010), pp.673-685.
- S. Rodney, McMaster University PhD Thesis 2007